Association for Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy Practitioner Register
Whilst anyone interested in the field of Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy can become an Affiliate or Associate member of the Association, only those who have attained one or more of the following qualifications are recognised by the Association as Qualified to offer their services to the general public. Their details will show one or more of the following letters after their name:
1a. MAREBT i.e. Individual member of AREBT who has completed core training in REBT i.e. attained a minimum of Advanced level REBT and have additional relevant academic/professional qualification/s and registration in one or more of the following:
- Psychotherapy e.g. BABCP or UKCP Registered/Accredited Psychotherapist
- Psychology e.g. CPsychol Chartered Psychologist, HCPC Registered
- Counselling e.g. BACP registered or NCS Accredited
- Nursing e.g. Occupational Therapist
1b. Or have attained a Master of Science in REBT (MSc)
- AREBT Accredited – BABCP Accredited or equivalent body of Psychological attainment i.e. BPS, HCPC, BACP etc. indicating recognised advanced level of experience and training.
- SENIOR AREBT Accredited- awarded to members who through five yearly reaccreditation assessment, have demonstrated Continued Professional Development and on-going Supervision.
- FAREBT: Fellowship given to members of the Association who have been foremost in promoting REBT and/or The Association of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy.
- AREBT Accredited Coach i.e. Rational Emotive Behavioural Coach award.
- UKCP Registered or Accredited
Members who satisfy AREBT Membership Criteria 1b, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 have demonstrated an advanced level of practice and study as indicated with ACCREDITED status next to their names. Once accredited in REB Therapy members can also register on the joint AREBT/BABCP register of accredited RECBTers i.e. www.cbtregister.com www.arebt.one to read these codes. If you have any cause for complaint against a therapist who has not adhered to these codes log onto our website for details as to how to lodge a complaint.
NB. Our members may also be accredited as coaches, trainers and supervisors.AREBT PRACTITIONER REGISTER - MASTER